Data used by scientists can be defined as one of two types - simple data files such as text files and images, or structured data such as XML or Oracle databases. Data of the second type can be managed by OGSA-DAI (Open Grid Services Architecture Data Access and Integration). The OGSA-DAI project was started to construct middleware that will help users access and integrate data from separate data sources via the grid.
- Different types of data resource are supported
- Data queries and updates
- Transformation, compression and decompression of data
- Data delivery to other clients i.e. URLs, ftp, Gridftp
- Information on data resources exposed via a web service
- Extensibility of OGSA-DAI web services
- Platform and language independent at client end
- Standards based
Read more about OGSA-DAI
NGS Site Level Services
For further information on the NGS software stack, please refer to the NGS Site Level Services reference document.