Clearing the Java WebStart Cache
You can easily view or clear (uninstall) your Java WebStart applications. This can be done using the Java Control Panel as described below.
- Load the Java Control Panel
- Win: Start | Control Panel | Java
- Linux/Unix: type 'jcontrol &'
- MAC: Applications | Utilities | Java Preferences OR
System Preferences | Java (depending on Java version)
- Click the 'View' button.
- On the 'General' tab, select the 'Settings' button under the 'Temporary Internet Files' (note, this is the 'Network' tab on MAC)
- Then click 'Delete Files...' on the Temporary Files Dialog
- Agree to delete all Applications, Applets and log/trace files
- On the 'General' tab, select the 'View' button under the 'Temporary Internet Files'
- In the Java Cache Viewer, select 'Applications' in the pull down menu, then select the NGS WebStart applications and delete them (use the large red cross in the toolbar, as shown below)
- Select 'Resources' in the pull down menu and and delete selected resources also
- Select the 'Security' tab and click the 'Certificates' button
- Clear the NGS certificates from the Trusted Certificates cache
- Navigate to the applications home website and re-launch (this will re-install the application and the certificates into the Java cache)
Select 'Resources' and clear selected resources
Select the 'Security' tab and click 'Certificates'
Clear the required certificates from the Trusted Certficates cache